The rear view mirror is prone to accidents and we often see it fall off due to various reasons. The good news is that you just need the right windshield mirror glue to get it back up.
Best Rear View Mirror Glue
The best rear view mirror glue is not expensive and the installation process is also quite easy. You can find numerous options to pick from and today, we are exploring some of the top ones for you:
1. VersaChem 11109 Rear View Mirror Glue
Available in 1-pack, 6-pack, and 12-pack, this adhesive has received numerous good reviews from its buyers. It comes with detailed instructions, which make it easier to use and apply.
A few features of this adhesive are below:
- It is extremely strong and does not come off even after months of use
- You may want to be careful with glass windshields because a few users have complained that it does not work on glass
- Make sure you get rid of the old glue completely before applying this glue
- You should leave it overnight for it to set and stay in place
2. Loctite 37438 Rear View Mirror Adhesive Kit
This kit contains the adhesive and the activator along with a detailed instruction guide, which you must follow in order to use it right. It is a permanently bonding adhesive that works on numerous materials including metal, tile, glass, plastic, nylon, and coated wood.
Let’s take a look at a few more features:
- It has great strength and a holding power of around 3,000 psi.
- You must follow a 2-step process to apply this adhesive.
- Within 2 minutes, it offers 60% full strength. However, you must let it cure for 24 hours for its full strength to come into effect.
- Thanks to its superior strength, buyers have reported that this is the best rear view mirror glue especially in cases where others have failed.
3. Permatex 81844 Professional Rear View Mirror Glue
If you go by the online rear view mirror glue reviews, you will see that this one is among the top. It is made of OEM specified formula and is approved and used by Chrysler, Ford, and GM.
Let’s take a look at a few more features:
- It is a permanent bonding adhesive that is explicitly built to remount rear view mirrors to the windshields.
- It works extremely quickly, and within seconds, it can achieve handling strength. Mirror-mounting strength takes around 15 minutes.
- It is ODC free.
- It can be used only on metal buttons.
- The kit comes with a no-drip activator.
- It is highly recommended that you go through the given instructions and be quick during the process. You may get confused if you watch videos online and end up doing something wrong. The instructions on the kit are pretty clear, and you must stick to them.
4. 3M 08752 Rear View Mirror Adhesive
The 3M rear view mirror adhesive is among the most popular brand’s thanks to its professional formula that bonds the mirror to the windshield permanently. It is a 2-part structural adhesive, which is specially designed to bond two non-porous materials together.
A few of its features are as follows:
- The adhesive is chemical resistant. It can withstand challenging conditions as well, without weakening.
- It is heat tolerant, which means prolonged exposure to heat does not affect the strength of the bond.
- It is humidity and moisture resistant. So, even if there’s too much humidity or if there’s moisture on the windshield you don’t have to worry about the bond between the mirror and the windshield.
- On rough roads and bad conditions such as bumps, mirrors go through a lot. They shake violently on some occasions. However, the 3M glue does not dwindle with such vibrations or impacts.
- Curing time of this adhesive is 15 minutes.
- The brand claims that windshield replacement professionals and automotive restoration professionals also use their product.
- Remember to remove the old glue first and the silver button (or its likes) before you use this adhesive. The instructions that come with the kit are quite clear and must be followed for the best results.
- It is quite affordable as well.
5. Worktech Adhesives & Sealants Rearview Mirror Glue
This permanent adhesive kit helps with permanent bonding. It is a professional strength rear view mirror adhesive repair kit with quite a few satisfied customers.
Here are a few more details:
- It is straightforward to use through a 2-step process. First, you apply the given primer and then move on to the adhesive.
- It comes with a no-drip activator.
- It provides non-removable bonding.
- It is recommended that you read the instructions clearly before use.
6. Klingon Rear View Mirror Button Kit
The Klingon kit works wonderfully to seal the rear view mirror without causing problems whatsoever. It has worked in places where others have failed, making it a true hero in the adhesive world. Here are a few features that might interest you:
It is a complete kit consisting of a primer and the adhesive.
- It is very easy to use. You start by applying the primer once you get rid of the previously used one. Apply it on the button and the windshield, both. Then, apply 2 drops of the adhesive onto the button. Hold the button in its place for at least 30 seconds. If the button is on the mirror itself, you will need to hold at least for a couple of minutes.
- Be sure not to use more than 2 drops. When it comes to these adhesives, more in not better. It can be messy and unnecessary.
- Once applied, it can stay and hold for months together.
- Some of you may need to apply heat to keep it in place, but remember to be very careful. It is easy to harm yourself or the car in the process. If you are tentative, make sure you head to the servicing store for professional help.
7. Gorilla Epoxy Rear View Mirror Glue
One of the popular choices for premium quality and permanent solution for adhesives is this Gorilla epoxy glue syringe. The adhesive helps in filling the gap and can bond to all types of surfaces such as aluminum, steel, plastic, glass, wood, ceramic and more. The set comes with separate barrels of resin and hardener to prevent the epoxy from hardening. As the gorilla adhesive is quite strong and gives a spotless finish, it is suitable for both household and automotive repairs. As the set also comes with a syringe, it becomes convenient for the users to apply this adhesive without creating a mess or spilling it.
- The glue offers a superior solvent and water resistance, which makes it more durable than the other alternatives available in the market.
- The syringe dispenses the blend evenly and also comes with a cap to reuse it.
- As it has the settling time of five minutes, the users get plenty of time to reposition the rearview mirrors.
- The glue dries clear and has a smooth finish, along with the ease of cleaning it.
- It works best for repairs and also provides durable adhesion.
- The manufacturers recommend it to use on the surfaces after roughening it for better adhesion.
8. J-B Weld Epoxy Mirror Glue Adhesive
If you are searching for another option for an epoxy syringe, then this might be the best alternative for you. This is a clear and quick setting, two-part epoxy that provides durable adhesion. You just need to mix it in a 1:1 ratio and fill it in the syringe it comes with. This epoxy sets into a hard and permanent bond. It dries clear and gives a smooth finish. You can use it for any type of repair in house or automotive. This can work well for fixing the rearview mirror as it gives a lasting adhesion.
- This alternative is a quick setting epoxy that takes five minutes to set and almost an hour to cure.
- The glue has a high tensile strength of 3900 PSI, making it last longer.
- The syringe comes with a resealable cap that prevents the epoxy from drying or leaking. Hence you can use it more times as a quick fix for repairs.
- One can use this for multiple surface applications such as metal, plastic, PVC, wood, concrete and other surfaces.
Things to Consider Before Buying Rear View Mirror Glue
So, we have seen the most sought and reviewed mirror adhesives to GNSS Filter GPS L1-L5 GLONASS BeiDou Navic 1100-1700 MHz band Fi in your vehicle. Now, I will explain the most important things that you need to consider while buying the rear view mirror glue. Let’s check them below:
The mirror glue should be capable of creating a strong bonding that lasts for long. It should not be failed in any condition or weather effect. It must also not be affected by the chemicals.
Once you apply the mirror glue adhesive, you need to wait at least for 15 minutes to let it dry. You can use a hair dryer or something to make this process easier during the cold season. The adhesive should be quick to be dried after the application because sometimes you may go to an urgent meeting and the same time the rear view mirror needs to be fixed.
The adhesive should be heat resistant as your car windshield may come under direct sunlight for many hours in parking or while driving. So if the glue is not good in securing the bond against the sunlight, then you the mirror can be detached from its place.
The rear view mirror glue will face many other challenging scenarios like the vibration created due to the rough roads, humidity that occurs due to moisture and sudden small impacts that can happen with the human or other things due to bumps. The glue should be resistive and must be stick to the mirror in such conditions.
The above things consideration will help you to choose the perfect mirror glue adhesive to repair/fix a rear mirror in the car.
Now that you have a list of various options, you can choose the best rear view mirror adhesive based on your preferences and requirements. Do you have any other recommendations? We would love to hear from you!